What Is Personal Information?
The types of personal information we may collect from you include (but is not limited to) your name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address.
From time to time, you may be able to visit our website or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain personal information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the services and/or products that you seek.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We actively collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you:
- visit or use of the Site or a Peazie Application;
- provide your personal information, via a Peazie Application, to third parties that are licensed to use a Peazie Application;
- create an account or profile;
- send us an email or receive and open an email from us;
- enter a competition or participate in any other marketing promotions, including, without limiting the above, those run by a third party using a Peazie Application;
- sign up or subscribe to receive our newsletters, mailing list or other promotional materials; or
- post information or other content to our Site or a Facebook page using a Peazie Application.
We automatically collect certain non-personal information when you use our Site and our services, including Peazie Applications, such as:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your operating system, the browser type;
- the address of a referring site; and
- your activity on our site.
We may also automatically collect certain aggregate information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
- to provide services or information that you request, including on behalf of a third party licensed to use a Peazie Application, and to process and complete any transactions or competition entries;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyse Site and Peazie Application usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our Site and Peazie Applications and our users’ experiences in our Site and Peazie Applications, such as providing ads, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase the Site and Peazie Applications functionality and user friendliness;
- to help us make emails more useful and interesting;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Site and Peazie Applications;
- for our internal business and management processes (for example, accounting or auditing purposes); and
- for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected by you and to allow us to comply with our obligations under the law.
Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to 3rd Parties?
You agree that, by providing any personal information via a Peazie Application, you are providing this information to the third party that is licensed by us to use this Peazie Application. The identity of this third party will be clear to you before you provide this information. You agree that we are not responsible for the actions of any third party. You will need to contact these third parties directly to obtain their privacy policies.
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Site or our Peazie Applications;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if you enter a competition and if we notify you on our Site or in our Peazie Applications that the personal information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide this personal information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- for our internal business and management processes (for example, to our accountants or auditors);
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
By using our Site and the Peazie Applications and providing your personal information, you acknowledge and consent to the disclosure of your personal information in the above manner. By consenting to this disclosure, you agree that we are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, including any third party licensed to use a Peazie Application, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
We may store, process or back-up your personal information on services that are located overseas (including through third party service providers). These servers are commonly located in Singapore.
In the event that the processing or use of your personal information involves the disclosure of any information outside Australia, you acknowledge that, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to this overseas disclosure. By consenting to this disclosure, you acknowledge and accept that:
- Peazie will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient; and
- you will not be able to seek redress from Peazie under the Privacy Act 1988 for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
From time to time we may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our services.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these materials. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
How Can You Access and/or Correct Your Personal Information?
Peazie takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about you is accurate, up to date and complete. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of information that you provide to us.
If you would like to access, update or correct any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us that you wish to access and/or correct your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access and/or correction. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice).
We will endeavour to respond to your request for access and/or correct within a reasonable period after your request is made. Peazie may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
How Can You Make a Complaint?
If you have any concerns or complaints about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please send us an email at email@example.com, informing us of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site and Peazie Applications at www.peazie.com.